The Upstate SC STEM Collaborative is managed by South Carolina's Coalition for Mathematics & Science - SCCMS. We appreciate the support and services of the Coalition. While our focus is in the Upstate region of South Carolina, we work with partners like S²TEM Centers SC and the Lowcountry STEM Collaborative to drive change across the state. Learn More Here!
Our vision is to make Upstate South Carolina a nation model for workforce development through the engagement of students and communities in STEM opportunities. Help us make this vision a reality by staying informed about our programs and current initiatives. We are your resource for STEM in in the Upstate.
Join our efforts to make the Upstate a national model for workforce development. The Upstate SC STEM Collaborative is a partnership among Upstate non-profit organizations, K-12 school systems, post-secondary academic organizations, industrial companies, businesses, and others who provide intellectual, action, and capital resources to the collaborative
- Advisory Board Meeting October 3, 2019 | 12:00-1:30 p.m. Schedule: Recap of July board meeting 12–12:15 p.m. Recap of September 19 general Collaborative meeting 12:15–12:30 p.m. Group activity: strategic plan 12:30–1 p.m Closing 1–1:15 p.m. Attendance: John Tully, Shavada Lee, Read more…
- September 19, 2019 4-6 p.m. Roper Mountain Science Center Attendance: Shavada Lee, John Tully, Jan Cox, Sharon Purvis, Wanda Staggers, Renée Lyons, Jorge Riano, Alice Gilchrist, Georgette Johnson, Gabriella Porter, Valerie Mosher, Beth Kinzer, Donna Stroud, Beth Leavitt, Sandy Bradshaw, Read more…
- The next collaborative meeting is scheduled for December 12, 2019 from 3:30–5:30 p.m. at the Roper Mountain Science Center (402 Roper Mountain Road, Greenville, S.C. 29615). Contact Hannah Halusker for questions. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The culture of our collaborative fosters meaningful relationships among organizations across the region. To maintain our culture we work to:
- Partner to do more together than anyone can do alone.
- Inspire action where interests and opportunities collide.
- Propel interests, attitudes, confidence, and skills.
- Engage a diverse, talented, and energetic community of learners & leaders.